c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, June 26, 2006

6/26 - Always Always Always wear clean underwear!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, June 26, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son #3 came back from Camp Hobe on Friday. Apparently he has the
same summer camp skills that I had as a kid. My mom tells almost
the exact same story. Son #3 came back a dirty urchin. (It’s a
good them they let them swim 4 of the 5 days!) When unpacking his
stuff, my sweet wife discovered 4 pairs of clean underwear, and 3
pairs of clean pants. I guess you can’t expect anything too much
different for an almost 9 year old.



He couldn’t tell us too much of what went on at camp, but we
suspected they had a dance. When we teased him a little about it,
he said they did and he had a lot of fun. When I teased him and
said, “Were there any cute girls there?” he said, without skipping
a beat, “Yeah! And most of them were single!”

And some weren’t?

Son #4 update; He’s doing fine. He had an eye appointment last
week. We thought that when he started squinting his blind eye
outside, when we were in Florida, that he might have more than
slight light perception, but they said there was no change, and
that that was normal. Next up; He gets his 3rd post op MRI on July
6th. We’re asking for prayers again...

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. here’s a stupid little game... On my 3rd dozen I got 250
points. How about you?

Submitted by Wanda D.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A grocer put up a sign that read "Eggplants, 25¢ ea.--three for a
dollar." All day long, customers came in exclaiming: "Don't be
ridiculous! I should get four for a dollar!" Meekly the grocer
capitulated and packaged four eggplants. The tailor next door had
been watching these antics and finally asked the grocer, "Aren't
you going to fix the mistake on your sign?" "What mistake?" the
grocer asked. "Before I put up that sign no one ever bought more
than one eggplant."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Dear Hudson Middle School,
God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior
citizen's luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Hudson
Assisted Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am
all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of
me. God bless your for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.

My roommate is 95 and always had her own radio, but before I
received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she
was napping. The other day her radio fell off the night stand and
broke into a million pieces. It was awful and she was in tears.
She asked if she could listen to mine, and I said, "Drop dead!"

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Edna

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Since spaghetti is now 'pasta' and a TV set is a 'home
entertainment system,' the manager of my grocery store did his
best to jazz up the lowly egg. He still has some work to do. A
sign he put up in the dairy section advertised "Boneless Chicken."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home