c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, June 12, 2006

6/12 - Dija see that Trout Riding a Harley?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, June 12, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Scout campout was a success or a bust, depending on how you
look at it... One of my assistants had some pretty bad back
problems and had to back out. The other assistant contacted me not
long before we were to leave, saying we should re-think the
campout because he was concerned about the rain, thunder, and
lightening. The other boys agreed with him, so we canceled for
this weekend. But, because I had all of our camping gear already
packed, I asked my sweet wife if she’d be willing to go. “Of
course!” she said. So off the whole family went, to Fairview Utah,
where her parents have some camping property.

We didn’t get too wet, and the next morning when I asked if
everyone wanted to go swimming (at the resort pool) or fishing, to
my surprise everyone said, “Fishing!”

So up the mountain the family went, to a (formerly) secret place
called Boulger Reservoir. It’s pretty good fishing. Even though we
didn’t get there until 9:30 in the morning, and left about 1:00,
we still caught a boatload of fish. I let each of the boys reel in
most of the fish. We even let some go. (Some on purpose, some
not.) But, for Sunday dinner we had fresh rainbow trout. However,
I think the fishing was more fun than the eating part. (Pollock
from the store doesn’t have bones...)

I now know who my fishermen boys are. Son #4 gets board quickly,
son’s #2 and #3 avid fishermen, and son #1 has some problems with
worm pieces and hooks. So he played game boy in the car most of
the morning.

Anyway, we had a great camping trip with my “Scouts”.



In the mail today, we got an invitation to “Ride for Kids” in
August. It’s a fund raiser for research on Pediatric Brain Tumors.
There’s a 50 mile motor cycle ride for pediatric brain tumors
survivors and their families. Also, anyone who has a motor cycle
and wants to donate can join in on the ride. It’s on a Sunday, but
I think it’s a good cause and something we might be willing to
sneak out of church for. If you want to participate, email me and
I’ll get you some information.



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Speedy Morris was the basketball coach at LaSalle and they were
having a pretty good season. One morning he was shaving and the
phone rang. His wife answered it and called out to him that Sports
Illustrated wanted to talk to him. Coach Morris was excited that
his team was apparently about to receive national recognition in
this famous sports magazine. As a matter of fact, he was so
excited that he cut himself with his razor. Covered with blood and
shaving lather and running downstairs to the phone, he tripped and
fell down the stairs. Finally, bleeding and bruised, he crawled to
the phone and breathlessly said, "Hello?" The voice on the other
end asked, "Is your name Speedy Morris?" "Yes, yes!" he replied
excitedly. Then the voice continued, "Mr. Morris, for just
seventy-five cents an issue, we can give you a one-year
subscription to Sports Illustrated."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


"Gramma," asked Susie, "some of my friends are in unhappy
marriages. You always have such good advice for me. Please tell me
the secret to marrying the right man so my marriage lasts."
"Never," said Gramma, "marry anyone you could not sit next to
during a three-day bus trip."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I have five siblings; three sisters and two brothers. One night I
was chatting with my Mom about how she had changed as a mother
from the first born child to the last. She told me she had
mellowed a lot over the years: "When your oldest sister coughed or
sneezed, I called 911 all the time! But when your youngest brother
swallowed a dime? heh heh, I just told him it was coming out of
his allowance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home