c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6/6/06 - Roast Beast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahh... Today is the “666” day. Because everyone was talking about
the mark of the beast, my sweet wife decided to have a little fun
with it. Tonight for dinner we had roast “beast” (Country style
pork ribs.) Well, at least it’s a cloven hoofed animal... Then we
had deviled eggs, and devil’s food cake for desert. The kids had
some questions about the mark of the beast, so we got out the
scriptures and read in Revelations 13; 16-18 and talked about it.
But, we decided the world wasn’t going to end today, and we’re
still working on trying to be good people. So things are ok.





Son #4 may need to learn to think things through just a bit more
before he acts though. Tonight after dinner, I got myself a piece
of cake and came over to the table where son #4 was still eating.
“Yumm...” I said. “Umm... this is sooo good!” He turned around and
said, “HEY! That’s no fair! Dad gets a piece of cake and I
don’t!!” My sweet wife, trying to teach him how to ask for things
said, “So, instead of saying that it’s no fair that dad gets a
piece of cake, what do you think you can do instead?” He thought
for a couple of seconds and said, “Take it away from him!”

Not quite what we had in mind...



Sons #2 and #1 After the "Mummy Ride"
You can't tell, but I'm behind the camera, being GREEN



All of us at yet another visit to the Ice Cream Shop
This really was a cool place!
(Is that a bird on my head??)




Son #4 Chowing Down!



Going home after Magic Kingdom


For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In honor of today’s date;

A 6 foot 6 inch, 66 year old man who was born on June 6th, has 6
children, makes $66,000 a year, and who's lucky number is 6
receives a phone call from a friend. The friend informs the man
that a horse named Lucky 6 will be running in the sixth race at
the local track that evening. Excitedly, the man withdraws
6,666.00 cash from his bank account, goes to the races and bets on
Lucky 6. Sure enough, the horse comes in sixth.


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"The town of Clark, Texas has agreed to change its name to Dish,
Texas after the dish network gave all its residence free dish
satellite TV for the next ten years. This is the sort of thing
that can backfire on a town - just ask the people of Betamax,
Wyoming."
~Jay Leno

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Not that my wife's the jealous type or anything, but one day at
work, I had taken this temp who was filling in for my secretary to
lunch in gratitude for an outstanding job on a very difficult
project.

As luck would have it, there was my wife waiting in the office for
my return. The temp, who was truly a ravishing beauty said, "Oh,
Mrs. Moore, I'm so happy to meet you. I'm your husband's new
secretary."

Within a single heart beat, my wife quietly intoned, "Oh, Really?
WERE you?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home