c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

6/7 - Home Home on the page...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boy, it was a long day at work. I left early because I had to
drive 2 hours to 3 of my rural clinics. At the first two I ran
into a few problems, plus I had several, “Oh, as long as you’re
here...” type calls. By the time I got back home, it turned into a
12 hour long day. At the 3rd clinic I went to, I think the only
thing I forgot to do was change the receptionist’s home page back
to the corporate page, from the blog page at
http://www.martysjotd.blogspot.com Oops... I’ll email her tomorrow
with instructions to change it back. If I remember.

Not much happened here today. It was the last day of school for
the older 3 boys. Now they have 3 months to enjoy themselves
before it’s back to homework.

Oh, BTW, there’s one more picture I forgot to post yesterday. It’s
worth a thousand words...



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

When we moved cross-country, my wife and I decided to drive both
of our cars. Nathan, our eight-year-old, worriedly asked, "How
will we keep from getting separated?"

"We'll drive slowly so that one car can follow the other," I
reassured him.

"Yeah, but what if we DO get separated?" he persisted.

"Well, then I guess we'll never see each other again," I
quipped.

"Okay," he said. "I'm riding with Mom."


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


The staff at the office where my wife works was hosting a farewell
luncheon for a retiring colleague.

As the group prepared to go to the restaurant, they found that
they couldn't fit the giant balloon they had purchased for the
guest of honor into the car.

Undaunted, they simply held the balloon out the window as they
drove.

My wife and her co-workers weren't prepared for the glares they
received from passers-by. As the long line of traffic in front of
their vehicle began to turn, they saw that their car was right
behind a funeral procession.

There was nothing they could do but hold on to the balloon with
its bright red farewell message: "Gone but not forgotten."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A young man was having some money problems, and needed $200 to get
his car fixed and road-worthy again. But had run out of people to
borrow from. So, he calls his parents via the operator, and
reverses the charge and says to his father, "Dad, I hate to ask,
but I need to borrow 200 dollars." At the other end, his father
says, "Sorry, I can't hear you, son, I think there may be a bad
line." The boy shouts, "Two hundred. I need two hundred
dollars!" "Sorry, I still can't hear you clearly," says his
father. The operator cuts in, "Sorry to butt in, But I can hear
him perfectly clearly." The father says, "Good. YOU send him the
money!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home