c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

6/14 - Popsicle Toy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you’ll remember previously, son #4 had a gender problem. Not
with himself, but he called everyone by “he, his, or him.” No
girls or women would be called with, “she, hers, or her”.
Everything was in the masculine. (No wonder, with 3 older
brothers...) But, he seems to have gotten over that problem in the
last couple of months.

But now it seems he’s mixing up some of his words. With a kid
having gone through everything he did, every little problem makes
you wonder if it’s just because he’s 5 years old, or because of
the tumor.

Well, it’s nothing major anyway. So, he’s mixes his words up by
saying things like, “I can have a popsicle?” (For, May I have a
popsicle?) Or “Who’s this is?” (For, whose is this?)

So the other night at dinner he lifted up a toy or something and
said, “Who’s toy this is?” I said, “No, Who’s toy is this?” He
replied, “I don’t know, that’s why I asked you!”

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"No matter how much money you make, you always need an extra $40 a
week. I'm sure it was Einstein who first stated: Expense equals
salary plus forty bucks." -Jeffrey Jena

I had a secretary who claimed that she liked to live like she
types: Fast and with lots of mistakes.

Did you hear what happened to the butcher? He backed into a meat
slicer and got a little behind in his work.

Village Dry Cleaners has relocated to High Street, right next door
to St. Joseph's Church. After March 1, Cleanliness Is Next to
Godliness.'



<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


I wish I had a small truck so I could take advantage of a contract
hauling opportunity I saw mentioned the other day. Seems a water-
garden company wants a load of frogs delivered, but they have to
be delivered in a special bog-like container that will fit in a
pickup truck's bed.

They'll pay in food, which is exactly what the cat likes best! For
each load delivered, the company will provide one enormous home-
baked casserole with a crust of middle-eastern flat bread.
Mmmmmm!

That's right: a pita pie per pickup pack of puddled peepers.

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old
Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife,
Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to
Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the
family there were no miracles left for Belker, and offered to
perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home. As
we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would
be good for the four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They
felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's
family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog
for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going
on.

Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little
boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or
confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud
about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next
stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a
good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice,
right?" The four-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how
to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."
~Wanda D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home