c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

5/30 - Pretty Memorial day bench

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a wonderful Memorial Day yesterday. I got to thinking about
my dad and some of the family traditions we had when I was a kid.
Every Memorial Day we went to a little town called Steam Boat
Rock, and visited the grave sites of my grandfather and great
grandparents. We used to play baseball with my dad, and my grandma
always made fried chicken for a picnic lunch. So yesterday, I
gather as much family who would go, made a mess of oven fried
chicken, and off we went.

The Salt Lake City Cemetery is huge. Its 250 acres and has been
around since 1847. There are at 5 graves there of my wife’s family
that we visit each year. I cheated and brought my GPS this year so
we didn’t have to hunt like we have in the past. I told everyone
that I want to have a genealogy pedigree chart on my grave marker.
I want to have at least 4 generations of my ancestors on it so
anyone doing research won’t have such a hard time. Then we saw
something at the cemetery that I thought was really cool. A marble
bench grave marker.

I told everyone that I wanted to make this a tradition. A
tradition of visiting the cemetery, and have a fried chicken
lunch. Then my sweet wife said, “If you get a marble bench, you
could have it engraved saying ‘Lunch on Grandpa!’”

Hmm... you know, maybe I should!

Today when son #4 got home, he announced that Zane (the class
bully) hit Raylee, a new girl in the class. He said, “I don’t
understand why he would hit such a pretty girl.” My sweet wife
started to laugh at son #4 calling her a pretty girl. He stopped
and said, “Why are you laughing?” my sweet wife said, “Because you
called her a pretty girl.” He said indignantly, “Well, it’s true!”

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Here’s an interesting article; Send a brick to Washington and
tell them to build a wall...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/31/washington/31immig.html?ei=5090&en=cbdd13609338ba51&ex=1306728000


Mickey Mouse Day at Give Kids the World


Universal Studios Entrance
(That tag I have around my neck we called, "The Necklace
Of Power!" It got us to the absolute front of every line.
Most of the time, we even got ahead of the 'fast pass'
line.)



Splash Mountain
#3 - Me
#2 - #1

=-=-=-
Want to lose weight?

Kenny lost 125 Lbs. come see how!

www.ThinEnergy.com

Awesome business opportunity, also!
=-=-=-

Reader Comment Section:

My recollection from Disney World and Florida was that, while
Florida had swampy-smelling water in general, and even the cold
water tap was warm, the water at Disney World was cold and good-
tasting, with no smell. Maybe their standards have slipped over
the last 30 years....
Mark

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the
mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did
and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she
had only two hairs on her head.

"H-M-M, " she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle
today." So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that
she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony
tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that
there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything.
~Wanda D.


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Our friends, James and Florence, attend choir practice Wednesday
evenings, and often head for a restaurant afterwards with their
fellow choir members. Florence soon noticed that every time she
had a glass of wine, it was followed by a severe migraine
headache. James agreed with her that it might be better if she
abstained, and so she did. On one post choir occasion, however,
Florence decided, after some hesitation, to try a different
variety of wine. Some time passed with no consequences. Then she
waved happily across the big table where her colleagues all sat
and while holding up the empty wine glass announced in a loud
voice, "James! I don't have a headache tonight!"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

My sister, went to the department store to check out the bridal
registry of our niece whose wedding was coming up soon. When my
sister returned from the store, she tossed the gift list on a
table and declared, "I think she's too young to get married."
"Why do you say that?" I asked.
"Because," she said, "they registered for Nintendo games."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home