c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, May 26, 2006

5/26 - Bad water...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, May 26, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other day I was surfing the net and I clicked a link that turned
out to be broken. This is what came up:

Oops!

Error 404! The page or file you requested doesn't exist!

Possible Causes For This Error:

* Cosmic Rays

* Ancient Curse

* Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle

* Strange little Web Gremlins

* Most likely: We're still working the bugs out of our
new website.

On the bright side:

You found where that other sock you've been looking for went to. (and
then there was a pic of a sock)

I thought it was pretty funny.

BTW, after reading Thursday's issue where Marty comments on Magna
water, I feel need to make a correction. Something Marty said was
incorrect. Let me preface this by saying that I used to work for
Kennecott in their payroll department. Our office was located in
downtown Magna. Also, let me say that some of my ancestors settled the
fine town of Magna in the late 1800s. I mention these facts only to
point out that I may have a bias.

Here is what Marty said: "...and the town has the worst tasting water
that I've ever had the opportunity to drink."
My first day on the job, I had the misfortune of tasting the water (I
used the drinking fountain instead of the water cooler). Marty is
correct in his statement about the water tasting bad, but he is
mistaken on one point... you don't drink Magna water... you chew it.

Have a great weekend and enjoy today's jokes!
Justin

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Justin,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Mongolia.
Do you have any travel plans for the summer? I hear Baku, Azerbaijan
is nice this time of year.

Camille W.

[You know, I considered that, but the Mongolians said I should avoid
Baku at all cost... something about the food.]

Comments for Marty: reply to this message Comments for Justin: email
martysneighbor@hotmail.com

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Mexican Presidente Vicente Fox visited Utah this week. What was most
surprising about his visit was not that he visited Utah's governor, yet
had no plans to visit the U.S. President.
Nor was it surprising that he addressed a group of Mexican immigrants
in English. What was most surprising about his visit was that he and
his entourage arrived by airplane, and not in the back of a van.

~some guy on the radio

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A friend took her dog to the parlor for a haircut, and asked what it
would cost. Being told that it would cost her $50, she was outraged.

"I only pay 30 bucks for my own haircut!"

The groomer replied, "That may be true. But then you don't bite, do
you?!"

=====

A fellow computer programmer for a consulting group had designed some
software for one of our largest accounts. He asked my help in putting
it into operation.

At first, he handled most of the work. Eventually, though, he asked me
to help with the last phase of the training.

When I sat down with one woman and told her I would be showing her how
to make changes to the files, she sighed with relief. "I'm so glad
you're teaching me instead of him."

Surprised, I said that my colleague was far more experienced than I
was.

"Yes," she said, "but I feel much more comfortable with you.
I get nervous around really smart people."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A big corporation recently hired several cannibals in the interest of
cultural diversity.

You are all part of our team now," said the HR rep during the welcoming
briefing. "You get all the usual benefits and you can go to the
cafeteria for something to eat, but please don't eat any of the
employees."

The cannibals promised they would not. Four weeks later, their boss
remarked, "You're all working very hard and I'm satisfied with you.
However, one of our shipping clerks has disappeared. Do any of you
know what happened to her?" The cannibals all shook their heads no.

After the boss left, the leader of the cannibals said to the others,
"Which one of you idiots ate the shipping clerk?"

A hand rose hesitantly, to which the leader of the cannibals continued,
"You fool --- for 4 weeks we've been eating managers and no one noticed
anything.

But Noooooo, you had to go and eat someone who actually does
something!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home