c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

5/25 - Wild stinky water plunge!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, May 25, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 6 of us only had one valid complaint about the Walt Disney
World area. The weather was awesome, the parks were fantastic, the
people were more than nice, but there was just one issue...




Son #1 and #2 on Expedition Everest, the roller coaster at Animal
Kingdom. Funny funny look on son #1’s face!

I don’t know how many of you have ever tasted the water of Magna
Utah. Magna is the town next to Kennecott Copper. Kennecott is on
the far west side of the Salt Lake Valley, and has the largest
open pit copper mine in the world. They have a lot of slag that
they wash around over there, and the town has the worst tasting
water that I’ve ever had the opportunity to drink. It has a very
strong mineral taste to it.

Now, the water at Give Kids the world village is similar to Magna
water. Except you need to throw in the (very slight) taste and
odor of swamp gas in with it. We thought that maybe it was just
the village that had a problem, but the water tasted the same at
Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, and the Epcot parks. (Could be a
conspiracy with making $$ on the bottled water...) We ended up
getting a 24 pack of bottled water at Wal-Mart and gulped that
down in the last 3 days of our trip. (Funny, the Wal-Mart in
Orlando looked exactly like every other Wal-Mart I’ve ever
visited. They must be a big company. Ahum...)

Anyway, every where we went, son #4 had on his make-a-wish hat on.
He even got to sit in the Captain’s chair in the airplanes and
push some buttons on 3 of our 4 flights. (While we were parked on
the ground of course) I’ve got video of that somewhere... Then,
while sitting in the airport in Denver on the way home, for our 3½
hour layover, the customer service manager of Frontier Airlines
came over and made friends with son #4. She said she really
enjoyed talking to ‘wish kids’. She said a lot of them come
through Denver on their way to and from Disney World. (I suspect
Frontier gives the best air-fare, otherwise we could have flown
direct) She asked son #4 all sorts of questions, and he, being
very outgoing and sociable child kept the conversation going for a
good 10 minutes. Finally she said, “Well, it sounds like you had a
wonderful trip. Was there anything that you didn’t like?” Without
missing a beat he matter-of-factly said, “Yeah, the water tasted
like crap!”

We all laughed. Unfortunately, after a half day at Sea World, a
long flight from Orlando to Denver, and being several hours into
our 3 hour layover that day, my sweet wife and I were just too
tired to be embarrassed.

Hope you have a great weekend!

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A nurse says to the doctor, 'Doctor, doctor, there's an invisible
man in the waiting room.' The doctor replies, 'Tell him I can't
see him now.'

=-=-=-

I used to drive an Eclipse. I think it was a nice car, but I
couldn't look directly at it.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

As he reviewed pilot crash reports, my Air Force military science
professor stumbled upon this understated entry: "After
catastrophic engine failure, I landed long. As I had no power, the
landing gear failed to deploy and no braking was available. I
bounced over the stone wall at the end of the runway, struck the
trailer of a truck while crossing the perimeter road, crashed
through the guardrail, grazed off a large pine tree, ran over a
tractor parked in the adjacent field and hit another tree. Then I
lost control."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The other day, I came home to find my wife, Jennifer, in tears.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Quinn used the F word." She was referring to our three-year-old.
"You mean…"
"Yes. She called me Fat!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home