c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

5/24 - Now I'm back...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, where have I been? It’s been a LONG couple of weeks! When last
we met, my sweet wife, son #2 and I were in the middle of play
practices. The 3 weeks before the play were extremely busy. If I
added play practice hours with work hours, it added up to about 80
hours a week. It was almost too much. But, the play went
fantastically. At the ‘meet and great’ afterwards, several cute,
young girls asked to have their pictures taken with son #2 (in his
lederhosen) and then asked for his autograph. He was in heaven! He
thought the whole acting thing was even cooler when the lead in the
play (Captain Von Trapp) who is a writer/director himself, told him
he could probably get son #2 some parts in commercials or movies.
Well, maybe...

Then after the 3 night run of our play, we left two days later for
Walt Disney World for son #4’s wish trip. The Make-a-Wish
foundation and Give Kids the World made the trip a dream come true
for all of us. They paid for everything, down to a dollar a bag for
the skycaps at the airport. GKTW is a place that accommodates ‘wish
kids’ at their 70-acre whimsical resort, complete with a merry-go-
round, an ice cream palace (open all day for all the ice cream you
could ever eat), an arcade, a gingerbread house that serves
breakfast and dinner, 2 swimming pools, and a train station. It’s
free to the families and kids. They even have a 6-foot rabbit
called Mayor Clayton, who interacts great with the kids. (He even
came and tucked the kids into bed one night).

Along with the resort (that son #4 kept asking go back to), they
gave us tickets for the 4 parks at Disney World, the 2 Universal
Studios parks, Sea World, and a ton of other stuff. We had a really
good time. But, by the end of the week we were all ‘parked’ out.
I’ve got tons of pictures and video to post later.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:


Great job last night! We really enjoyed the play!
~Justin H.


=-=-=-
Want to lose weight?
I lost 125 Lbs. come see how!
www.ThinEnergy.com
Awesome business opportunity, also!
=-=-=-

I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT
WITH A NEW DENTIST. I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA, WHICH BORE
HIS FULL NAME.

SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY
WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SOME
40-ODD YEARS AGO.

COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY
BACK THEN?

UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH
THOUGHT. THIS BALDING, GRAY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY
LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE.
MMM.........OR COULD HE??? AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I
ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL.

"YES. YES, I DID. I HAD A MUSTANG." HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.

"WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?" I ASKED.

HE ANSWERED, "IN 1956. WHY DO YOU ASK?"

"YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!" I EXCLAIMED.

HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY. THEN, THAT UGLY, OLD, WRINKLED
PIECE OF TRASH ASKED, "WHAT DID YOU TEACH?"


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A very elderly gentleman, (mid nineties) very well dressed, hair
well groomed, great looking suit, flower in his lapel smelling
slightly of a good after shave, presenting a well looked-after
image, walks into an upscale cocktail lounge. Seated at the bar is
an elderly looking lady, (mid eighties). The gentleman walks over,
sits alongside of her, orders a drink, takes a sip, turns to her
and says, "So tell me, do I come here often?"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

On their 50th wedding anniversary, a couple summed up the reason
for their long and happy marriage. The husband said, "I have tried
never to be selfish. After all, there is no 'I' in the word
‘marriage.’”

The wife said, "For my part, I have never corrected my husband's
spelling."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home