c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

2/21 - Fourteen say 'eye'


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not too much to talk about today. For some dumb reason, I kept track of all the people who asked me what happened to my eye today. They all ranged from, “Oh, that’s too bad” to “You’d better keep in line, or she’ll pop you in the other eye!” After I told her that 14 people asked me what I did to get my black eye, My sweet wife said, “I’m never going to be able to show my face at your work again...” I felt
a little bad for her, but that I realized I was the one with the shiner! She did admit that it was probably better that I have the black eye and accuse her of beating me, than the other way around.

I posted a picture of me and the eye on the blog site. (http://martysjotd.blogspot.com). I also found a picture of son #4 back when he got his songs of love CD. I posted that one too. It’s a cute picture.


Tonight Son #4 was pretty upset when Sons #1 and #2 and I were going to Scouts with me. We told him that we were going to build and igloo and have a snowball fight. He wanted to go with us in the worst way. But, it was probably better that he didn’t. The snow was too crunchy and we just ended up playing capture the flag.

Anyway, have a great night.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty:
Nine loads of laundry in one day? Nine? OH my heavens! I will
never complain again if I find clothes hiding in my older
daughter's room and get stuck doing 4 loads in one day, which has
happened to me more than once. But nine loads? I am speechless.
Your poor sweet wife must feel horrible about the black
eye, but I'd lay a lot of money on the fact that she loves and
appreciates you more than she can ever say for doing all that
laundry.
Shannon in Nevada

1 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Marty,

    Would you like some cheese with that wine. What black eye? I could see it with my magnifying glass. Otherwise that's just a 'love pat'.

    Love your stories,
    jim in Indiana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home