c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

11/22 - Can you fix my printer's triglycerides?

26/33 = 79% (1 week and 2 days left!!)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw something pretty startling yesterday. I was working on some
computers in the lab and talking to the lab folks. There was a new
employee being trained by the person I was talking with. The new
employee had her rubber gloves on, and picked up a vial of blood
from one of the machines. While looking at it she said, “Ewww,
what’s that?” and held the vial up. The trainer said, “Oh, we call
that a burger and cheese fries.” The machine had separated the
blood into blood(?) at the bottom, and what appeared to be
yellowish solidified bacon fat on the top. This stuff was called
the triglycerides. She went on to explain that this person
probably had a very fatty meal within the last 48 hours.
“Normally,” she said, “it’s a clear or a slightly cloudy yellowish
color. This stuff is what clogs your arteries.” She told us that
if we were going to have any blood work done, not to eat fatty
foods for at least 2 days before.

I didn’t wait. Today while traveling to Manti to fix a printer
that went bad, I stopped at Wendy’s for lunch. I had a single, a
side salad and water. (I stopped drinking pop in June. I dunno if
that’s made any kind of difference, but I guess it won’t hurt.)

Anyway, this Thanksgiving, take one dollop less of gravy ‘eh?


For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

All quiet today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home