c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

12/14 - Back in the saddle again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We’re back!
Dija miss me? For those of you who just get emails, you might not
be aware of what happened in the last week. Yahoo took away my
YahooGroups site. I was started playing email tag with one of
their bots, and not getting anywhere. They deleted all 5700+ of
our addresses, and 6 years of my emails. But, things have a way
of turning out for the best.

My #1 mom is a dental hygienist. (I call her ‘the hook’). She had
a patient, and good friend, strapped down in the chair the other
day, (how else could anyone let her work on them?) who happens to
work for the local newspaper as a staff writer. My #1 mom, (being
an astute mom who’s always got my back) started talking with this
reporter. (Now do you remember the last time you got your teeth
cleaned? Isn’t most of the conversation is one way? You’ve got all
sorts of stuff in your mouth, so your hygienist can say just about
anything they want... I think it must be therapeutic.) Anyway, my
mom got the reporters phone number who said she’d see what she
could do for me.

She emailed me a few days later asking for a little more
information and said she was in contact with Yahoo’s media
relations. I’m not sure what she said, but it certainly worked!
We’re back 100% Score one for the little guy against city hall!

Now I’d better get things backed up right?

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Not much today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home