c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Lesser of two Weavels...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up at Scout camp two weeks ago, Son #1 and I were sitting at the
campfire bowl, waiting for the other Scouts to file in. A guy
passed me, who looked familiar and I said, “Hey, what was your
name?” He told me it was Shawn, and after 20 plus years I
recognized him. I knew him in High School, and he actually took my
sweet wife out on a date once or twice. (In between our dates of
course...)

Anyway, we got to emailing, and he invited our family out to his
house in Tooele. (Can you pronounce this city’s name? I’ll bet not.
It’s pronounced Too-Will-Uh. Honest) Anyway, we went there last
Saturday night and had a great time. He and I are pretty evenly
matched at ping-pong too! We all got along very well, and the kids
kept asking when we could go back. Anyway, at the end of the night
he offered us some squash and zucchini from his garden. We’re not
huge fans of either, but we thanked him for them.

Tonight my sweet wife made them. It was actually pretty good. She
whispered in my ear as she also brought out a bowl of brussel
sprouts, “I wasn’t sure you’d want zucchini or squash, so I brought
these.” (The kids are also not very fond of brussel sprouts.)

But, to our amazement, they wolfed down the brussel sprouts faster
than we thought possible, and all claimed, “We’ve had our
vegetables!”

Hmm... I wonder if we can get some more squash and zucchini from
Shawn...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

He is yours to worry about but God's child sent here to learn what
he needs to grow into the man he is meant to be. As a parent you
will worry. As a family living Gods plan you will give the problem
to God and ask for His peace and comfort. The child is perfectly
made for God's plan. Give him a blessing and ask for peace and
acceptance of what ever is to be. I have you on my prayer list.
~Wanda D.

[Thanks Wanda. The worst part is not yet knowing. Or, maybe the
sleepless nights are worse.]


Marty, so sorry to hear about Son #4's eye trouble. You are all in
my prayers.
~Becky S.

[Thank you Becky...]

[But, the show must go on...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home