c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Nothing but good sites!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not much going on. We’re just trying to get ready for our big ol’
trip to Nauvoo and Chicago in a while. I think my sweet wife and I
are too stressed to see anything funny happen.

How about I tell you about a couple of cool web sites.

My #1 mom sent this in. It’s a 3rd grade state test. You drag the
name of the state to where it goes on the map. I got it on the 2nd
try. (I couldn’t fit Delaware in the first time! At least that’s my
excuse) Try the test here; http://snipurl.com/map_test

Next, we’ve been playing a lot with Google Earth. It has satellite
pictures of almost every place on earth. The ‘Fly to’ option is
awesome! Go to http://www.earth.google.com and download the
program. Then have fun!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty, I thought I'd add to your camp stories. My #1 nephew went
to church camp last week. My sister had bought him a disposable
camera to take with him. When she picked him up she was making
sure he had brought all of his belongings home with him. She asked
about the camera and he said he took all the pictures. When she
asked where it was, he said he had thrown it away. When she asked
why he would do that, he replied "Mom, you said it was disposable!"
-Becky S.

[He didn’t really... did he?]

Re; Cub country I worked there too and was the one to introduce the
banana skit only we called him Boom Boom so I of course played Boom
Boom. I think we were the first to do skits there at all!
Bro-in-law #1


>[Oh, was this when your mom-in-law was a cub scout?]
She was a Den Leader. Silly Marty.
~Justin H.

[Ha ha... made you reply...]

Man, I it's a good thing you guys left Camp Steiner before the
Lightning strike! Somebody up there (higher than the mountains) is
looking after you and your boys!
JG in Ventura, CA

[We went up to East Fork of the Bear River, but yeah, another Scout
gone. Bad summer. Read it here http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2910074 ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home