c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Which is worse, No Flush Toilets or Skunks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, August 01, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh boy! It’s good to be back in civilization! You don’t know HOW
much a flush toilet can mean...

So, after two Scout camps and a couple of good weekends, I have
lots of stories to tell. Let’s hope I can remember some of them.
Thanks for Justin for filling in a couple of times last week.

Two weekends ago, son #2 went to a “First Class” camp. It’s a local
3 day camp with one over night for the newest Boy Scouts. They work
on 2nd and 1st class requirements, and get some camping experience.
Son #2 was the only one from our troop going, so it was up to my
sweet wife and I to tag team and stay at camp with him.

I took off of work early Friday to finish his day at camp and do
the overnight with him. I meet sweet wife and son #2 at camp and
she handed the torch to me then she took off for home. As son #2
and I were walking away I said, “Darn! I forgot to give you the
(emergency) whistle I bought for you.” Son #2 said, “Don’t worry
dad. Mom already gave me a whistle, plus a half sheet of notebook
paper on what to do if I get lost.” I said, “oh...”

Son #2 had a great time. During one of the campfire skits they told
the story of Rindercella.
( http://www.matthewgoldman.com/spoon/audio/rindercella.mp3 ) son
#2 had never heard this version before and laughed till he cried.
At another point at camp, we were walking on the path, and he was
dragging his feet and looking at the ground as he walked. “son,
pick your feet up and look around you. Look at the trees, the
forest, and the animals. Look how beautiful everything is.” He
said, “Ok” and we kept walking. About 45 seconds later he was
started doing the same thing, looking at the ground and dragging
his feet. I was about to tell him the exact same thing when he
said, “Look dad! A dollar!” Oh, wonderful. There goes my lesson.
That night, he saw his first skunk (from about 20 yards) then we
watched Star Wars II for about 20 minutes before we fell asleep.

More tomorrow.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home