c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Been there, done that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where I work, they are pretty tight with the computer buying
budget. Just to show you how bad it is, of the 350 computers in
service, I still have 75 Windows ’95 machines. Our department
finally convinced management that they had to buy some new
computers this year. They bought 30 and said maybe we’d get 45 more
next year.

Do you know how difficult it is to install a brand new Pentium IV
system with all of bells and whistles and a flat screen monitor,
right next to someone who isn’t getting a new one because their Win
’95 machine is just a little newer? It’s not fun.

Fortunately, I’ve been through this process before. It took several
days of work, but it should be worth it. I created a spreadsheet
with our exact computer inventory. I’ll give it to the office
manager with my recommendations and let her decide where to put the
computers.

Then, when someone complains and says, “How come she got a new
computer and I didn’t?” I can refer them back to the manager. I
learned that lesson well when I worked for the State and all but 3
employees were female...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Big day at the University testing son #4 tomorrow. Wish us luck!

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home