c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

You're a What??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, camping wasn’t as ‘outdoorsy’ as I made it sound yesterday.
It’s sort of a resort and camp ground all in one. They have a
swimming pool, tennis courts, and a nice playground. So, we had
plenty of time to go swimming Saturday. Son #4 is getting pretty
good in our pool, but was still a little afraid at the ‘big’ pool.
He didn’t want to go down the water slide either. (Even though he
went down it last year.)

Son #4 did say one thing to my sweet wife that caught her off
guard. While she was zooming him around the pool, she stopped at
one point. He looked at the other people, then looked at her
standing chest deep in the pool and said, “Mom, why are you wearing
a swimming suit like that?” She said, “Because I’m a girl, that’s
why.” His eyes got really big and he said with a surprised look,
“YOU’RE A GIRL?!”

We need to get out with other people more often.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Loved the joke about the fiancée not being from Idaho. I am from
Idaho and getting married in Washington, DC to a man from Virginia.
I want to make my Western roots be known at my reception but
haven't considered potato flakes or cowpies thrown out after my
wedding!! Thanks for the laughs!
~Katrina A.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your inclusion on the list of political correctnesss (Monday 1-8-05) of students no longer failing but are 'passing impaired'is not a joke here in Britain. A teacher has called for the word 'fail' to be banned' and that the expression 'delayed success' be used. I kid you not!
    Pete Hodge

     

Post a Comment

<< Home