c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Care to swap a day?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, August 04, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m trying to get everything at work done before I go on vacation with the family. But, it seems the harder I work the further behind I get. I think I need an extra week day this week to catch things up. Wouldn’t that be cool if you could just swap days around? Yeah, I think I’ll have an extra weekday this week and save an extra weekend day for next month.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

The 3rd grade map game is fun. i never duid learn the loacation of
the states so this is a challange and I'm learning something even
at my old age. Thanks......
Ruth T.

[Thanks Ruth! We’re a full service newsletter!]

Marty,
One day after reading yesterday's Martysjotd, in the news is Unita
and with such a sad story. I am sorry for all the things happening
to the scouts this year and I hope your and your family are well. I
do not know if you knew this scout or the others, if so I offer my
condolences and hope that all of you heal soon. It is hard to know
what to say in these circumstances and I hope that this helps
whether or not you knew the scout that passed or others that were
hurt.
Kathy G.

[Yeah, there was another lightening death up at a Scout camp
yesterday. We didn’t know the troop. But thanks for your
thoughts... With something like 70,000 Scouts in our district,
there are bound to be some accidents.]

>Re; Cub country I worked there too and was the one to introduce
>the banana skit only we called him Boom Boom so I of course played
>Boom Boom. I think we were the first to do skits there at all!
>Bro-in-law #1

Wow! Bro-in-law #1 must be really REALLY old!!!

[Older than me. That’s all that counts.]

I want you to know how much I appreciate your story from the police
officer! This is something I did not know! I have a grand daughter
and Now I will not use the dust off. I went out and bought a air
tank and a small compressor. Knowing that this is done in schools
and by young people I have sent it to all my friends! Thank you
again! Ps... Tell # 1 mom to keep up the good work! Give my best
to the better half!
~Don W.

[Thanks Don. The right half of my body says thanks! (j/k)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home