c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lose a Scout lately?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, after spending the night with son #2 up at his first class
camp, we packed up the rest of the troop on Sunday night, and
headed for the hills at 6 AM Monday morning. It rained only once
the whole week, which is unusual for the High Unita mountains.
(This camp is the highest elevation BSA camp in the US.) Son #1 and
two other boys in the troop are the 3 oldest Scouts, so they got to
go to a neighboring high adventure camp for several hours. Shot
black powder rifles, shot at the action archery range, and climbed
a 50 foot rock tower. They even ended up getting their climbing
merit badge. (This was the same climbing tower that the 11-year old
Scout got lost from 3 weeks ago). We didn’t have any big mishaps,
but had one Scout slip and slam his head into a rock. He was a
little woozy, but fine after a couple of hours.

We had a great time and finished a bunch of merit badges. Back at
our campsite, the boys even caught a few different ‘pot guts’ (or
the same dumb pot gut several times). They were good about looking
at it and letting it go after a little while...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. What a tuff summer for the Scouts...
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view2/1,4382,600152827,00.html

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Your inclusion on the list of political correctnesss (Monday 1-8-
05) of students no longer failing but are 'passing impaired' is not
a joke here in Britain. A teacher has called for the word 'fail' to
be ‘banned' and that the expression 'delayed success' be used. I
kid you not!
Pete H

[Wow...]

I love Rindercella! I used to tell that when I worked up at Cub
Country and Camp Tracy. "Once upon a time in a coreign fountry,
there lived a geautiful birl..." We always enjoyed doing skits up
there, and I became renowned for my version of "Bobo" where the
magician's assistant confuses a banana with a bandana. In fact,
when I was dating my wife, it came out that I worked at Cub
Country. My then future mother-in-law said something like, "I think
I remember you from that. Didn't you do a skit with a banana?"
I tell you, I was a legend in my own mind.
~Justin H.

[Oh, was this when your mom-in-law was a cub scout?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home