c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Do it again, Daddy! Do it again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, July 14, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was another hot one today. With the pool water nice and warm, my
sweet wife even decided to hop in tonight. Son #1 and #2 were
apparently up quite late last night at their cousin’s house. “How
late did you guys stay up last night?” “I don’t know dad, there
wasn’t even a clock down there.” Yeah, right. Anyway, son #2 acted
pretty tired and cranky, and after dinner, son #1 even fell asleep.
So the 3 youngest boys and their parents played in the pool
tonight.

Son #4 is starting to get his swimming lets (fins?). He’ll say,
“Watch this!” and go under the water for 3 or 4 seconds. He started
putting his hands on the top of my head trying to ‘dunk’ me. And
even ‘succeeded’ a few times. I tripped him up one time, and he
ended up under water and came up giggling. So I tripped him up a
few times more to see how far he wanted me to go. We were having a
good time, but my sweet wife was there picking him up half the
time. One time I ‘dunked’ him really good and he went way under. My
sweet wife went for him and I said, “Wait... don’t get him... wait
just a sec.” He came up screaming a banshee yell and said, “That
was a good one dad! Do it again!”

My sweet wife said, “So much for my motherly instincts...”

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home