c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

You do WHAT with that??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, July 07, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First, I wanted to point out my ‘oops’ from yesterday’s issue. I
forgot to put an ‘s’ in the URL for the picture in yesterday’s 3rd
joke. You can still see it at http://www.martysjotd.blogspot.com

Now that that’s out of the way; Son #1, #2, and #3 had their 6
month dental checkup and teeth cleaning today. It’s really nice,
because my #1 mom is their dental hygienist and they don’t mind at
all going to see grandma. Also, when I changed jobs several months
ago, within the huge health conglomerate, my new office just
happened to be less than a 1/2 block away from my #1 mom’s office.

Sons #3 and #4 had swimming lessons this morning during the first
part of their dental appointment so I ended up taking sons #1 and
#2 to work with me for the morning. At one point I had to swap a
mother board out on a computer in the surgery department. The boys
tagged along and watched their dad’s skillful hands swap out a
motherboard. (Oh, boy, big deal...)

When we were done, I said, “Would you guys like a quick tour of the
surgery room?” They said, “Sure!” So one of the nurses took us in,
showed us the room and what they do. This nurse has a kind of dark
sense of humor that’s actually quite funny at times. Anyway, in
this department, they do mostly cosmetic surgery. Face lifts, tummy
tucks, and (ahum) other augmentation type stuff. Son #2 turned
bright red when she said the ‘b’ work so matter of factly.

Then, she grinned at me and said, “Oh, and I have to show them the
proct room.” If you remember, several months ago I took a medical
terminology class and the kids had fun with some of the words, so
almost in unison the boys said, “Oh, we know what proct means!”
[Oh, just a little louder boys, I don’t think the managers down the
hall heard you...] Anyway, she showed us the proct table, where you
knelt down, and how the table raised in the air. The nurse asked me
to demonstrate, and I said, “No way!” [A side note: If you worked
in a large clinic, would you get your health work done there? We
had our eyes done there, but anything else... I’m not so sure
about... all those people knowing your health problems. What do you
think?] Anyway, while the table was up in the air, and tilted over,
she brought out the huge straight thing and said, this is a proct-
o-scope (or something like that). She said what they do with it,
and looked through it like a telescope and said, “Then the doctor
can see things through it.” Son #2 looked at me, gave me a “yuck”
look and said, “Ok dad, let’s go”

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

I only looked [at the picture on your blog] because I KNEW my
nephew would not publish anything which was REALLY offensive....
Uncle Butter

[Yeah, but wasn’t that a gross picture?]

Hi Marty,
I get your mail only about once every week and a half or so. Hope
this will change now. [There’s always www.martysjotd.blogspot.com
or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/martysjotd/]

P.S. I know what those pool gathering are like. When our kids were
younger we were the coolest and most popular parents in the
neighborhood. We really were the smartest too because we always
knew where are kids were (and everyone elses) and what they were up
to. Now that they are all adults they remember it as the best of
times.
Have a great summer.
Pat D.

[Coolest parents? I laugh at your humor... Ha!]

Not Found.......www.martyjotd.blogspot.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ V.
[Yeah, Sorry I forgot my ‘s’ try www.martysjotd.blogspot.com]


Marty, just read the blog, and had to reply about your son using
his dad's scissors. Our just turned 5 year old finally turned his
scissors on himself over the weekend, because he "didn't like the
way his hair was laying". So, 3 chunks later.... mom came into the
room. The worse, dad was in the same room, just not paying
attention. So, today, he went from having hair not quite 1" long,
all over, to getting it clipped to a little boys summer buzz to
even out his handiwork. Oh, and he just told me he likes the way it
feels now.:)
Jen B., in Ohio

[We’ve had to shave son #2’s hair 3 different times for that! Can
you imagine having a little girl cut her hair? In that regard, boys
are much easier to raise. AS far as Dad not paying attention, sure
he was. The little rascals are just sneaky]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home