c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Scouts and Guns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, May 23, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I’m just catching back up on my sleep. Friday after work
the Scout troop went on a camp out. We went to this really cool
campground called White Rocks. It was quite a ways away, and out in
the middle of nowhere. We got settled in, and after dinner the boys
and some leaders climbed up the mountain. (about 300’ in a quarter
mile). I stayed behind and cleaned up a little, but did climb it
the next morning. That night we had a great campfire but about
11:45 PM, 4 cars drove up loaded with teenagers, and started to
party. They had beer, fireworks, a 30/30 (rifle) and worst of all,
loud country music. They finally shut down about 3:00 AM so I got
some sleep. Of course, the Scouts were up at 6 goofing around. I
went over and got some license plate numbers of our drunk shooters,
and actually talked to one of the kids when they left. He said his
buddies were shooting rifles, “it wasn’t me.”

The next day the sheriff’s office said they couldn’t do anything
but increase patrols, because we didn’t actually “see” them drink
or shoot. So I guess if you ever have a situation like that, be
brave and confront them. Hmm...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home