c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Bad movies about dog food...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, May 09, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a couple of quick funnies today.

1) My sweet wife is always trying to save money at the grocery store. She stopped at the dollar store and bought a box of ‘carbwell’ low carb cereal. It was really, really bad stuff. It was just nasty. Anyway, that was a about 2 weeks ago. Today I saw it on the counter. “Buddy loves the stuff. I feed it to him as treats when he does something right!” She said. Ahh... that’s what dog food tastes like.

2) Sunday son #4 asked where my sweet wife was. (I made her lay down for a couple of minutes while I fixed dinner for my mom, on mother’s day.) I jokingly said, “She left. I don’t know where she is, but she’s gone.” While I was busy in the kitchen, I heard the front door slam. 3 minutes later, I realized it was him. (Ala my neighbor and his daughter #3 last week...) We ran all over to find him. Son #2 said, “Check the neighbors” That’s where he was. Across the street to the very nice elderly couple who love to have him visit. When we got home, we scolded him and told him he couldn’t go anywhere without telling us where he went. Tonight he ran out the door, and just as it shut he yelled, “I’m going to the neighbors!” We caught him and explained that we meant he had to ‘ask’ to go somewhere, not just tell us.

3) We had a great family night tonight and afterwards decided to watch a movie. My wife got ‘Joe vs. the Volcano’ DVD a couple of weeks ago. (I swear she boys the worst things at the dollar store!) My sweet wife and son #1 laughed and laughed. Son #3 kept asking, “When is it going to get good?” I told him never. I was right. *sigh*

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

@ 5:05 yesterday morning it was 05/05/05 @ 05:05 (on 24 Hour Clock)
on the 5th day of the 5th month of the 5th day of the month of the
5th year of the mellinium, on the 5th day of the week
Norman O.

[Yeah, I think I heard that our local channel 5 did a story on the
5 o’clock news on a guy who had his 55th birthday. Weird huh?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home