c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Cool Frosty Guilt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How many of you took advantage of last weekend’s Free Frosty from
Wendy’s deal? We certainly did. But my perspective really changed
as the weekend progressed.

On Friday after dinner, we all piled into the minivan and headed to
Wendy’s for their we-didn’t-have-any-thing-to-do-with-the-finger-
in-the-chili-but-we’ve-lost-millions-of-dollars-of-sales-so-we’re-
trying-to-win-you-back campaign. As we were driving there, I asked
anyone if they wanted anything extra from the drive-through, (I
also asked if they brought there own money.) Son #2 asked, “How
much is a small fry?” I told him I thought they were 99¢. He handed
me a five, and said, “Don’t forget to get change dad!”

When we finally got to the window, the guy said, “Hi, welcome to
Wendy’s. Would you like a free Frosty?” I said, “Yeah, and as a
matter of fact, I’d like 6 of them.” He said, “Sure, would you
like anything else?”

Then I felt just about as cheap as you can get. I replied, “Um,
yeah. I’d like one small fry too...”

But, when I made fun of myself at the pay-window saying, “Gee, big
spender, huh?” the gal said, “Oh, don’t worry about that. The car
in front of you (with 2 people in it) just ordered 4. They turned
out to be the Jr. Frosty size, so I didn’t feel too bad.

During our Geocaching trip on Saturday afternoon, son #1 and I
stopped at a different Wendy’s. As I bravely ordered 4 Frostys for
the two of us, I said, “Can you really get all you want?” She said,
“I guess so. We had a guy last hour just order 36 of them!” I
smiled a sly smile and said, “Thanks!”

But, by the time I had the boys all riled up Saturday night saying,
“Let’s see, if we ordered 60 of them and put them in the freezer,
that would make 10 each!”

But then I started feeling too guilty. However, my sweet wife
didn’t carry the same pangs of guilt that I did. She went down
after dinner Saturday night and ordered 12 of the little treats,
along with 2 large (oh boy!) fries. She came back and we all sat
around the table dipping fries and talking about chopped up
fingers. What fun we have!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home