c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Pizza Whipping

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since its Mother’s day this Sunday, I thought I’d do a little something nice for my sweet wife each day this week. Monday I brought home some flowers and Tuesday was a small gift. I wasn’t quite sure what to do for today, but since we didn’t have much else to do tonight (a rare occasion) I thought a night away from the kitchen for her would be best.

Since we decided to go to the Iowa/Illinois boarder for our summer vacation, we thought a little further east into Chicago to see family, museums, and visit a few choice eating spots might just be possible. The best pizza in Chicago (that I’ve tried) is the original Pizzeria Uno in downtown Chicago. www.pizzeriauno.com (Apparently now a franchise.) So, that got me to thinking about the best pizza in Salt Lake. For years The Pie Pizzeria has been voted Utah’s best. (www.thepie.com) So off we went for dinner.

It’s been quite awhile since my sweet wife and I were there, and I don’t think I’ve taken the entire family out there before. As I looked at the menu, I asked the cashier, “How many does the 16” feed?” He said, “Oh, just 3 or 4 people”. I looked at the kids who said they were starved. “I guess we’ll go with the big one then.” I said. [Their 23” monster pizza].

After I ordered we watched a young 6’ 4” tall guy, and an older 4’ 10” guy make pizza crust behind the window, we were impressed with the tall guy’s pizza dough flipping abilities. But when it came time to flip our huge pie crust, he rolled it out and said something to the older guy. The more experienced guy took the dough and tossed it into the air like he’d been doing it a hundred years. Three full flips and the dough must have been 3 feet across! He dropped it on the pie pan, made a crust, and handed it back to the tall guy to finish it. It was impressive! They boys kept saying, “Wow! That was cool!”

Little did I know how humongous a 23” Pie Pizzeria pie is. We ate just over a third of it and ended up taking 5 styrofoam boxes of pizza home. I think the cashier meant a 16” pizza would feed 4 college athletes.

Before we ate, and as we left our house, we were running on gas fumes. So we gassed up on the way to dinner. My first $40 gas fill up. *sigh* I guess that will have to be tomorrow’s gift for my sweet wife.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

What is going on in your house????!!! I promise not to turn you in
if your sweet wife has whipped #4's nose for the last time. Wiping
it is much more effective.
Love, #1 Mom

>My sweet wife did the prudent thing, blew and whipped his nose and
>sent him on his way.

Whipped? Should we contact DCFS? (grin)
~Justin H.

>"My sweet wife did the prudent thing, blew and whipped his nose
>and sent him on his way."

Marty..marty...marty.. she did WHAT to his nose? Poor whittle
nose..what did it do to deserve a whipping.. and she blew on it
also..bless his heart..hahahaha ok.. I'm a smarty pants.. but that
sentence is hilarious..!!
debi

Hmmm... nose whipping. Son #4 sounds like a character. You have so
much to look forward to. I wonder if he'll return the favor in 50
years or so?
Candi
[Oh, C’mon guys. I was just testing you to see how many of you
actually caught that one! (grin)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home