c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Revenge of the Clean room

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, last week I got an email from my company saying that they had
bought a bunch of Star Wars III tickets. They had a limit of 5, but
it worked out to our advantage, because I’ve heard this one is a
pretty violent, so son #4 will get a baby sitter. But... I didn’t
tell the other 3 boys that. I told them that I only had 5 tickets,
and one of the boys would have to stay home. I said we’d have to
see who was nicest to whom, and whose room was the cleanest. It
seemed to work pretty well.

Just to catch up, we’ve watched episode I and II this week, so now
we’re really ready to see how III ties into IV.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty


=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Gday
Your story of the rooster and hen reminded me of the 5 (or 6 ?)
year old daughter of a friend. She came up with the idea all by
herself : That chicken breasts come from girl chickens and Chicken
nuggets from boy chickens.

Ray
Gold Coast
Australia
[hmmm...]

I just found this website dedicated to computer geeks. Thought you
might like to see how well you know the old computers.
http://www.pbs.org/nerds/game.html
Candace

[I didn’t do too well in the beginning, but with the process of
elimination, I did pretty well.]

Esteemed Mr. Marty,
[Esteemed ‘eh? I kinda like that title...]

RE: Before and After Children.
Although it’s been years (and years) since there was EVER a before,
I agree whole-heartedly with the list. Sigh, those were the days!
Now I am an ‘Empty Nester’, after Campfire, Scouts and Sunday
school, THOSE were the days. SIGH!
John C.

[I forwarded that email to an almost 40 year old friend and his
sweet wife who were married about 2 years ago, and now have their
first baby daughter. Life has to have REALLY changed for them...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home