c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Blackmail is ok if it's teasing, right??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, May 05, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sweet wife said as she drove home today she waved at one of the
neighbors we know. He was busy out doing yard work in the front
yard. His wife just barley had their 4th daughter. (It must be
something in the water. In our neighborhood of about 10 square
blocks, there are now 4 families with just 4 children, all the same
gender.) Anyway, my sweet wife drove another half block or so, and
saw their 3-year old, daughter #3 strapped in a stroller on the
sidewalk, all by herself. It was really windy so my sweet wife
stopped the van and got out to check on her. The daughter was
crying pretty hard. My sweet wife calmed her down, put her shoes
back on and tried to find out what happened. She rolled her back
the half block to her dad and said, “Hi, I’m bringing daughter #3
back. I guess daughter #2 took her out for a stroll and left her
down the street.” My sweet wife said that daughter #2 (who’s about
6) got a terrified look on her face and ran inside. Her dad yelled,
“Daughter #2!!!”

With a day or two old baby, and a wife that’s either still in the
hospital, or just barley back, I know who was supposed to keep an
eye on their kids. I wonder if I could threaten to tell the guys at
church and tease him enough to maybe get a golf game or something
out of him... (I’m so mean...)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

I had to laugh at your son #4 stuffing the Kleenex in his nose. I
do this everytime I have a bad allergy attack or some virus! And
believe it or not, even in my 40's, sometimes the darn stuff gets
stuck in there & you have to pull it out! But usually that's only
if I use the cheaper tissues! Just thought it was funny! But it
helps from getting that raw nose look from blowing your nose
constantly!
From ~?

[I wouldn’t have signed my name either (grin)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home