c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I speak British Bulldawg'ese

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I was in the middle of a 20 minute software install (I hate
Windows ’95 machines. Yes, I still have a bunch of them to baby
sit...) so I decided to call my sweet wife. We talked for a second
and she said, “I think son #4 wants to talk to you.” I’m about 70
to 75% fluent in #4-ese speak, so I catch most of what he says. He
went into this long speech about something that I didn’t
understand. Then all of a sudden he said, “And I want to come up
and have lunch with you now.”

Ahh... that much I understood.

I’m about to get my haircut from my sweet wife, but I’m all sweaty
and stinky from Scouts tonight. After every Scout night, the boys
insist on playing basketball. This week I came up with a few games
that had nothing to do with basketball. HA! Short chubby guys
always win at British Bulldog! (grin)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

I happen to enjoy "Joe vs. the Volcano". Where else would I have
ever found out about a Brain Cloud? It's much more enjoyable if you
watch it as an allegory and not just a story. I'm still learning
about life.
~My #1 mom

[Yeah, I’ll be you like old black and white movies too (Grin)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home