c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Computer Family History

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, May 12, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I missed yesterday’s issue. Tuesday I did a family history interview of my 88 year old grand-uncle. And yesterday I got more family history in the mail. With the new stuff and writing up my interview, when I looked at the clock, it was almost 11:00. It was a little late to start the JOTD. But, I’m back today...

So, every day now, when I call my sweet wife from work, son #4 has to get on the phone and talk to me. He always ends with ‘come home now dad’ and ‘I want to have lunch with you now dad’.

In the mornings it gets pretty hectic with 4 of us leaving within 30 minutes of each other. So yesterday I goofed and forgot my cell phone and pager. At about 9:30 I called my sweet wife who knew exactly why I was calling. (my pager had been buzzing off the wall) My commute is about 30 minutes one way, so I thought I did pretty well by scheduling my lunch time to be about half way home. We scheduled the time and place to meet so I could get my pager and cell phone, and I told he I’d take her to lunch.

Then son #4 wanted to talk with me. He ended by saying, ‘I want to have lunch with you now dad’. So I told him I’d take him to lunch today. He said, “YEAH!”

I think that’s how Las Vegas gets you to gamble so much. If you continue to ‘ask’ for something and every 7th or 8th time you get a small jackpot, you’re going to keep playing. Now I just hope I’m not raising a gambling man...

On a more serious note:

Remember the finger in the chili thing at Wendy’s? Well, it wasn’t their fault. The lady got arrested for fraud. Wendy’s is now really sorry for the incident and trying to get back their lost customers so they’re having a “FREE FROSTY” weekend this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I plan to help them out by relieving a few of their stores of their sorrowful burdens. Find out more at www.wendys.com

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty


=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Speaking of computers (especially BG's comment about 64K of
memory), do you still have my TRS80? Remember? It was "upgraded" to
64k with a 5.25 inch floppy when you got it. It started with 4k and
"unlimited mass storage" (a cassette tape recorder). Do you
Remember "playing" with it on the dining room table at our house
the Christmas you guys stayed with us? It must have started your
career as a guru.
~Uncle Butter

[Oh, I remember that computer well. I think we finally sold it to a
guy for a boat anchor. What a great learning computer. I taught
myself how to program in “TRaSh-80” basic, and even wrote a
blackjack simulator. You can find out more than you ever wanted
about the TRS-80 here http://www.kjsl.com/trs80/]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home