c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Rubber Band Guns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, May 16, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son #1 and I find the strangest things to compete with each other
on. Every morning we race to the door and see who’s first to grab
the rubber band around the newspaper and add it to a rubber band
ball. We’re trying to make ours bigger than the other guys. I even
started working on one at work that got pretty big.

Now, think way back. Remember Geocaching? ( www.geocaching.com )
Those of you who have been with us for awhile remember I was pretty
gung ho about it, up until the day I ended up with a double sprain
on my left ankle caching in Southern Utah almost 2 years ago. But
last week son #3 and I were looking for something to do on his
Saturday, and we ended up doing a very easy, walk up cache. He
traded some stuff, and because I had a bigger ball at work, I
traded my smaller rubber band ball for some other trinket.

Last Saturday our Church group of about 120 twelve to seventeen-
year-olds, went out to Antelope Island, in the middle of the Great
Salt Lake, and had a Geocaching hunt. It was really fun, and Son #1
led our group of 12 almost right to one of the caches. He thought
that was pretty cool. So when we got home, he said, “Hey dad, it’s
still my Saturday, let’s do something else together.” He said he
wanted to find some ‘real’ geocaches. So the first cache he
suggested we go to was the cache that son #3 and I went to last
week. He traded for my little rubber band ball. Now I’ve just got
to find more rubber bands!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I’ve got several guns in the house, and have always been
meaning to put gunlocks on all of them. I’ve got locks on all but
the two smallest guns. Well, at the Scout-o-rama two weeks ago,
they were giving away gun locks. I jumped at the chance to have all
of the guns secure, so I grabbed a couple. Anyway, if you’ve got
kids and guns, you can get free gun locks by going to this site
www.projectchildsafe.org and seeing in your area where you can pick
them up.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

>Speaking of computers (especially BG's comment about 64K of
>memory), do you still have my TRS80? Remember? It was "upgraded" >to 64k with a 5.25 inch floppy when you got it. It started with 4k
>and "unlimited mass storage" (a cassette tape recorder). Do you
>Remember "playing" with it on the dining room table at our house
>the Christmas you guys stayed with us? It must have started your
>career as a guru.

My first computer was an Atari 800XL. It was nothing but a keyboard
you plugged into the back of a TV. I also used a TRS80. That was
how I learned to program and got me on a computer kick. I now
program, repair, and build computers. I also do websites for kicks
as well.
Rick R

[The ol’ TRS-80 sure started a lot of us on the road to techdom...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home