c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

That's just sick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several days ago the boys’ cousin had the flu. Son #4 caught it, and then it was son #2’s turn. Then we had 3 or 4 days with no problems and I thought we were over it... until last night. I’ll spare you all of the gory details, but suffice it to say, I called in sick today. Which doesn’t happen a whole lot. So, last night when it came time to do the JOTD, I was moaning and groaning in bed. When I get sick, I’m such a wimp.

But, that reminded me about the time a few weeks ago when son #4 went over to his cousin’s house to play. My sweet wife ran some errands and came back to pick him up. My sister-in-law was a little embarrassed, but said that son #4 had been mooning the neighbor boys. Of course my sweet wife sat down and wanted to find out the whole story. My sister-in-law told her that the neighbor boys had taught him from across the street how to do it. They showed him how, then egged him on and laughed at him when he did it. He thought it was great fun.

Needless to say, my sister-in-law doesn’t let the kids play there much anymore.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

P.S. Check out our 3rd section today. It’s a quick little quiz. I got 21 out of 27 right. How many can you get right?

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

More Buttery topics today;

>DO YOU KNOW...the difference between water and hydrochloric acid
>(battery acid)? Water(H2O) is only one molecule away from being
>battery acid(H2O2). Would you consider taking a drink from your
>car battery? Same comparison. Duane V. Spokane, WA

Now I'm no chemist, but I have taken some chemistry classes. Water
and hydrochloric acid are not similar, chemically. Water is H20, as
he correctly pointed out, but hydrochloric acid is HCl, not H2O2.
H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide, the stuff you use to "bubble out" wounds
or rinse your mouth with to get a little more oxygen to your gum
tissue.
~Justin H.

[You CPA’s are all the same ~grin~]

Margarine is not great for you but you shouldn't be using the one
molecule away rule as water H2O is one molecule away from hydrogen
peroxide H2O2 and many other things I can't imagine anyone of your
readers wanting to drink hydrogen peroxide do you? Just a little
tidbit on the whole one molecule philosophy.
Elya

[I have heard of people drinking the stuff. But only in bars...]

Regarding the controversy about butter versus margarine, the
following contains a number of errors:
> DO YOU KNOW...the difference between water and hydrochloric acid
>(battery acid)? Water(H2O) is only one molecule away from being
>battery acid(H2O2). Would you consider taking a drink from your
>car battery? Same comparison. Duane V. Spokane, WA

First, hydrochloric acid (HCl) is not battery acid. Sulfuric acid
(H2SO4) is used in automotive batteries. Second, "battery acid
H2O2)". H2O2 is hydrogen peroxide, not battery acid.
Lester M.

[You must be a CPA Lester...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home