c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Bacon Burps...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, April 28, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think even the little one is getting his comic sense of timing
down. Son #4 was slurping jell-o at dinner tonight. (Ok, I only
encouraged him a little, until I looked at my sweet wife’s
unappreciative look on her face.) After I told him it probably
wasn’t a good idea to slurp his jell-o, he stopped. 3 minutes late
he let out a huge burp. “HEY!” I said, “That will cost you a
quarter little man!” He said, “Huh? How come?” I said, “For burping
at the table!” He swung him arm around the table pointing at all of
us and said, “I didn’t burp at the table, I burped at everyone...”

Um, yeah.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. One? One submission for our quiz? Bill A. must have been right
when he said “My first reaction to the trivia list was: Who cares?
Apparently I do because I am replying.” I guess he was the only
one. And he’s a Canadian to boot! Answers are in our 3rd section
today.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Before we leave the margarine/butter discussion forever (I hope),
how about substituting "atom" for "molecule" in all those
discussions?
Chuck, Anaheim

[How about we leave the discussion forever (grin)]

Oh what the Heck!
An OLD (older than Moses, I think) Chemistry joke.
Poor Willie was a Chemist
Poor Willie is no more
What Willie thought was H2O was H2SO4.
(H2O Water, H2SO4 SUlfuric Acid. As previously mentioned.)
John C.

[Wow, let’s see. We get two comments on a week-old butter vs.
margarine, atom vs. molecule, water vs. battery acid/peroxide
submission, and only 1 submission on a stupid quiz begging for
answers. I think maybe we ought to talk animal fat a little more
here. Guess what I found in the refrigerator tonight? A pound of
bacon! We haven’t had any of that for months! I think my sweet wife
is really getting into the “if it’s ok to buy butter, any animal
fat will do” kick. Slurp!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home