c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Oh, ByTheWay, I've got a concert tonight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, May 26, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ve been out of the choral scene since our concert last Christmas,
which was a farewell concert for our director who died. But a
couple of week ago I got an email from a former choral member who
is in a new choral with 5 or 6 people I knew from our old choir. He
invited me to their debut concert tonight. The Choral he’s in is
called the “Sally Bytheway Choral”. (A weird, but semi-famous name
in this area – Her brother is a youth comedian and motivational
speaker
.)

Anyway, back to my story. My sweet wife has had a pretty miserable
cold for the last 3 or 4 days, and she doesn’t seem to be getting
any better. Plus she says that son #4 has been a real handful
lately. So, when I got home, I reminded her that I was going to the
concert tonight. I thought I was being nice and to give her a break
I said I’d bring two or three of the boys. All of sudden she perked
up and said, “Oh, I’ll go!” So, I didn’t argue. She later said, “I
figured I’d get more rest to a concert with you!”

Hmm... so does that make me a boring date?

But, we had a great time. The choral was only 35 strong, but
sounded really good on their debut concert. And, I got a middle of
the week date, with the prettiest girl in town. I’m such a lucky
guy!

Have a great weekend, and I’ll see you next week. Maybe even on
Monday. (Or, Maybe I should ‘guilt’ Justin into filling in for me,
since he’s gunna chicken out tomorrow, but no, that would be
mean... hehehe)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty


=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

>Besides, we played capture the flag with 7 adults and 2 leaders at
>Scouts tonight...

What were the boys doing while the "7 adults and 2 leaders" were
playing the steal the flag game??
~LaMonte

[Oh Hush LaMonte. Just because you’re my neighbor doesn’t give you
the right to give me a hard time... Oh, um, on the other hand, with
all the noise generated over here, maybe it does! (grin)]

Try Netflix for Free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home