c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Chubby & Ice Cream. A possible correlation?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I was going to tell you this last night, but I came up with the
story about our campout. Tonight I’m not so lucky thinking
something else up. (Besides, we played capture the flag with 7
adults and 2 leaders at Scouts tonight, and I’m too tired to think
of something else. Short chubby guys have less advantage in that
game, compared to British Bulldog.)

Anyway, last night for family night, we had dinner, had a family
lesson, and wrote some letters to a missionary of ours. Then I
decided to let the kids have some treats at our local Dairy Queen.
It was pretty crowded, even for Monday. We usually just drive
through and get dilly and buster bars, but this time we went inside
and got some sundaes. After I ordered they gave me the total and I
reached for my wallet; “Oh shoot! Honey, I left my wallet at home.
Can I borrow your credit card?” I’m thinking, oh, wonderful, she’s
going to give me a hard time about bait and switch on our ‘date’.
But, I had no such luck. She said, “Um, sorry. I left my purse at
home.” I now know that it takes exactly 4 minutes to drive home, 10
seconds to pick up my wallet, and another 4 minutes to drive back
to DQ.” At least it didn’t take them long to make our order after I
paid.

D’oh!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty


=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

>The next day the sheriff's office said they couldn't do anything
>but increase patrols, because we didn't actually "see" them drink
>or shoot. So I guess if you ever have a situation like that, be
>brave and confront them. Hmm..."

Let's see... Confront a bunch of drunks who are armed with a loaded
rifle? Not me!
Lester >^,,^<

[My thoughts exactly Lester! However, there was a time in my
younger days I would have gone over... Because my tent was the one
closest to their camp site, I moved my mini van between them and my
tent. Better to fix a hole in my car, then my head.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home