c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Ross Perot Stole my milk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, April 11, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya know, I thought that my new job at the large hospital
conglomerate was probably too good to be true. We were notified on
Friday that Perot-systems (Yeah, that short guy, high voice, big
ears, ran for president a few years back...) is doing due
diligence, and making the hospital conglomerate an offer to
outsource all computer and technical work. Bummer, being laid off
is how I ended up at this place. And these people at my office are
the best people... *sigh*

Anyway...

So I was glad to get home tonight after work. Son #4 ran up to the car and gave me a big hug when I drove up. My sweet wife gave me a
peck on the cheek. “Welcome home honey...” she said, and we all
walked in side. Son #1 and 2 were sitting at the kitchen table and
I turned to put my stuff on the counter. Son #4 headed for the
refrigerator and opened it up. He opened the crisper drawer and
reached in the very back to pull out a quart of chocolate milk.
“Hey, where’d you get that?” I said, thinking in the back of my
mind, ‘mmm... Mom got me some chocolate milk, and hid it from the
boys.” Son #4 replied, “It’s mine!”
I said, “Oh, that’s not yours. Let me see it.” I got it from him
and noticed it was half empty. “Honey!?” I yelled, as I gave son #4
back his milk. “Where’s this chocolate milk from?” She came in and
said, “Oh, it was on sale at the store so I got it for son #4.” I
said, “What about the other boys?” “They get chocolate milk every
day at school.” “Ok...” I said, as son #4 was parading around the
kitchen humming and drinking his milk. As I liked my lips I asked,
“What about me?”.

“Oops...” she said, as son #4 gave me a big grin and ran into the
other room...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I’ve been having problems posting http://martysjotd.blogspot.com/ I ~believe~ they’ve got their stuff
together now. I’ll let you know if there are further problems.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Re: [Oh, and that's supposed to make me feel better too, `eh? Maybe
son #2 will have to walk around for the rest of his life with a
pirate patch on, saying `Argg'.]
Marty,
I work in a high school (grades 7 to 11), and the creativity of the
kids never ceases to astonish me. There are posters all over the
school this week declaring April 13th "Talk Like a Pirate Day." My
prediction -- LOTS of truly bad Cap'n Jack Sparrow imitations.
Joanne in Montreal

Marty, A friend of mine had her two grandkids Monday evening and
they were sitting at the counter in the kitchen eating dinner. She
had the TV on the news and they were showing pictures of the Pope
being carried clothed in his red robe and the white pointy hat.
Suddenly the one little boy who is 4 yelled out, "Oh, no!" My
friend rushed over to him wondering what was wrong and he said, "I
think Santa Claus is dead."
~Justin’s Sister

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home