c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Gasy Bunny

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 24, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I came home today, I put my keys in their regular spot
(because if they aren’t there when I try to leave the next day, it
could take hours to find ‘em!). In my key spot there was the feet
of a one pound solid chocolate bunny. I looked around and thought
that one of the kids had left this little part of their bunny for
me. “Honey, who’s this from?” I asked my sweet wife. “You.” She
answered? “Huh?” I said. She went on to say that it was what was
left of my one-pounder that I hadn’t even opened. I thought...
Buddy, the Puppy? Nope. My sweet said that during the day she had
checked on son #4 who was taking a nap on our bed. 15 minutes later
when she checked, he was standing on our bed, face full of
chocolate, hands behind his back saying, “I don’t got nothing in my
hands...”

Oh well, he can probably burn the calories better than I can.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I got another one of those “boycott these gas stations because
they by foreign oil” emails yesterday. I did a little checking and
the email was full of omissions and errors. Boycotting those don’t
work anyway. (Guess who produces the 2nd largest amount of oil
after Saudi Arabia? The U.S.) But, what will work is if you buy the
cheapest gas available, and stop buying from the most expensive
stations in your neighborhood. If everyone did that, the prices
would go down. I went to www.gasbuddy.com and found my local
prices. I filled up for $1.97 this afternoon when the highest
prices were $2.09. Gasbuddy.com has 175 local web site for the US
and Canada with your local prices. Check your local prices and
boycott the most expensive ones. That will do the most to drive
prices down. Off my soap box...

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

[oops, I forgot some comments from last weeks issues...]

[RE: All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln
Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.]

Marty, All of the facts listed in Monday's issue are not indeed
true. I was suspicious of the five dollar bill fact so I looked it
up. http://www.moneyfactory.com/document.cfm/18/123 Just thought
you might like to know,
Jason T.

[close, but no cigar ‘eh?]

Sorry to chime in so late on this one. I too have a missing
bellybutton. And mine is from an appendectomy AFTER it burst and
then herniated scar tissue removal for the huge scar the
appendectomy left.
~Todd H.

[I worked with you all those years, and never knew. Who’d a thunk?
And now the stupid question; How does it feel to have no belly
button? (grin)]

Marty, just so you know, we Canadians now have (& have had for
quite some time) what is called a toonie instead of a $2 bill. I
will see if I have any old (paper) bills around here to see if the
American flag really is on the back & I'll get back to you.
Paulette, Ontario Canada
[I would love to see one of those!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home