c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Now Where did I put that boy?...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, April 04, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our neighbors are snowbirds. They head south for the winter, and
come back when it gets a warmer. Son #4 loves to go over and visit
these neighbors, and they always give him goodies (that’s why he
likes to go over...) So the other day when we couldn’t find him, I
had a feeling where he might be. Son #4 had been playing in the
water earlier, and we found ~all~ of his wet clothes on the floor
next to the wide open front door. My sweet wife and I have a plan
of action when boys disappear. (With 4 boys, it’s happened now and
then) First we call Grandma down the street. “Nope, he’s not here.”
That tells us where he isn’t, and gets her panicked enough to head
outside and start looking too. Then my sweet wife starts to look
upstairs and downstairs, and I head outside. I looked in the front
yard, down the street, along both sides of the house, and the back
yard. No son #4. Then I see the neighbor’s car in their driveway.
Ahh... They’re home. But then I can just see it, “Um, ‘hi’. Welcome
back. Is my naked 4-year old over here?” I start across the street
and I hear the best 3 words ever; “I found him!” *FWEW*, not so
much that he’s safe, but that I don’t have to ask the neighbors
about my naked boy.

He was in our bedroom, wrapped around the curtains, looking out the
window and laughing. He was probably laughing at all of us.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. We’d like to welcome cousin #9 to Marty’s Joke of the day.
Sometimes I wonder how grandparents (much less Great-Grandparents)
keep track of their descendants. As you can see, I can’t even keep
track of my four!

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home