c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Cool web site

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, April 07, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting at the computer tonight and surfing. Son #2 came down
and said, “Whatcha doing dad?” I told him I was just looking at
stuff. But, “Hey,” I said, “I found a cool site. Check this out.”
We went to maps.google.com and started looking around. They have a
new section that they’ve opened free to the public. It has actual
satellite pictures of all the United States. We checked out our
house, all the cool places in Salt Lake, then looked at the Sears
tower in Chicago, Meigs field, Midway Airport, O’Hare airport (oh
boy!) Then we moved west and looked at the golden gate bridge,
Alcatraz, then surfed on to Disneyland, and then California
Adventure (You can even see the Mickey Mouse shaped roller
coaster!)

Then I looked at the clock. Oops! “It’s after 10 o’clock pal.” I
said, “And you gotta get to bed!” He complained, but didn’t give me
a hard time about his 20/50 vision, and not taking him to the doc.
So, it was ok. Anyway, I told him I’d tell you about
maps.google.com. Just click on the word ‘satellite’ in the upper
right hand corner, and check it out. Pretty cool stuff.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

As far as being a bad parent, Marty, I can say you are not alone in
waiting on getting help for your kids. When I was 15, I has a
REALLY bad stomach ache for like a week til my mom took me to the
doc. Turns out my appendix ruptured the night b4 we went in. As you
can see from the email, all turned out sort of OK. Except that
belly button thing....
Todd

[Oh, and that’s supposed to make me feel better too, ‘eh? Maybe son
#2 will have to walk around for the rest of his life with a pirate
patch on, saying ‘Argg’.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home