c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Dinner Time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 31, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sweet wife told me the other day that she was invited to sing with
some other ladies at church for a church meeting. "They're practicing
on Thursday night at 5:30, but I can't go. That's when I'm making
dinner." She was serious.

Hmm... I guess I ought to help out in the kitchen a little more.

Dinner wasn't as good as when my sweet wife makes it, but I did ok.

Enjoy today's Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I think I gave Justin a sufficiently hard enough time
yesterday that he may come up with an issue tomorrow. (Maybe he's
tired of me telling his family stories (grin)

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty, we have a grandson who had a red velvet dog which he carried
all the time. At one point the stuffing was even coming out of it,
but still the red dog went every where with him and yes, when he
had that dog he sucked his thumb. Well, one day the dog came up
missing (accidentally) and from that day on, he didn't suck his
thumb any more. Soooo, maybe the blue blanket could disappear all
of the sudden! He and his brother even had the red dog named –
(Harvey to be exact!) After it started to lose its insides he
called it 'Harvey Guts'.. H.G's owner is now 26 and soon to be a
Capitol police.
Still enjoy your e-mails -- keep 'em coming!!
Many thanks -- cm~!

[It's so hard to imagine my kids as anything as but the kids they
are now. But, I know it happens. I remember son #1 when he was even
shorter than he is, and didn't have a teenage attitude!]


>Marty, just so you know, we Canadians now have (& have had for
>quite some time) what is called a toonie instead of a $2 bill. I
>will see if I have any old (paper) bills around here to see if the
>American flag really is on the back & I'll get back to you.
>Paulette, Ontario Canada
>[I would love to see one of those!]

Marty, we Canadians also once had a three dollar bill too. True, it
was in the early part of the 19th century and there are not many
around now. Of course, in those days even large businesses put out
their own money.
Bill (Ontario, Canada)

[The US never did issue a $3 bill, but in the early 1800's, federal
chartered banks issued their own money. Like this;
www.aoauctions.com/images/images-ny/nyfirstnationaleastoman$3.jpg
Amazing the things you find on the internet...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home