c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Eggs and Piranhas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, March 28, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter. We certainly did.
Although when I asked son #4 if he knew the difference between
Jesus and the Easter Bunny, he got kind of confused. He kept
thinking that it was Jesus who brought the eggs. Every chance I
got, I tried to explain the difference, and what Easter really
meant. The two oldest didn’t help much; they kept telling him the
wrong story. That is, until I thumped on ‘em

I also think being politically correct is getting a little out of
hand these days. When we were kids, we never got sick from eating
Easter eggs. (too much candy, maybe, but not the hard boiled eggs).
Now days, they tell you you’ve got to leave the eggs in the
refrigerator and get up early to take care of business. It’s not
fair that we have to stay up until 11:30 PM, and then get up at
5:30 AM to finish things up. When the Easter morning search
finished, we still had that one egg that we couldn’t find. It sat
under the couch until our dinner guests arrived 12 hours later. My
mom said, “It’ll be fine.” I think it got served to her during
dinner.

Anyway, I think I got son #4 to realize the difference between the
Easter bunny and Jesus...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Wow, it’s amazing the things you find stuffed in your closet
when you do a little spring cleaning. Son #1 outgrew is Scout
Uniform, so we’ve put his old one on eBay, with the pants he never
wore, along with a pair of real pet Piranhas I found on the back
shelf. Go figure!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ200QQsassZmartysg

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home