c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Dang you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other day son #4 staring saying, “Dang you cawm-pa!” He kept
saying it over and over. Then he’d stop for awhile, and then he’d
pick it up again saying “Dang you cawm-pa!” over and over again. So
last weekend we went over to the in-laws for dinner and my father-
in-law, a #1 big tease, whispered something to Grandma that we
didn’t hear. She grabbed her dish towel and started after him
saying, “Dang you Grandpa!”

Now we know where son #4 got it. I’d better watch what I say. Of
course, “Dang you my sweet wife.” Just doesn’t have the right ring
to it...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty

I just wanted to write in response to your story about Son #2
needing to get his eyes checked.......when I was about 10 alot of
my friends were getting glasses and I started complaining about not
being able to see the blackboard at school.....my parents just
thought that I was trying to get glasses like my friends and never
took me to get my eyes tested until I REALLY started to
complain......turns out I needed glasses. So your not a bad
parent.....and your not alone :)
I also wanted to comment on how much I love getting your Joke of
the Day. I am pregnant with my first child, a boy who is due to
come into this world any day now and I love reading about your
experiences with your sons. Kind of makes me aware of what I am in
for in a couple years :) Keep up the good work and good luck in
all that you do!
~Amanda from Canada

[Good luck! I hope you don’t think Marty’s Joke of the Day as a
~complete~ child guide, because I never seem to run out of
material! (grin)]

I do have a tale like that, only with a twist. I was the sickly
child that no one believed. I constantly had headaches, was sick,
back problems, etc. My parents told me that I was too young to have
back problems, and I couldn't possibly be sick that much. I am now
permanently disabled with bad allergies and asthma. I have a
disease of the central nervous system called Charcot-Marie-Tooth
disorder.
~Rick R.

[*Gulp* I don’t think that made me feel much better...]
[Readers, here some more info on that...]
http://www.charcot-marie-tooth.org/site/content/whatiscmt/index.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home