c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Taxing Goldfish and WD-40

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, March 23, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I sent a joke out the other day that said ‘if you put “The
and IRS” together as one word, it becomes “theirs”. Interesting. I
spent too much time on taxes tonight, and I’ve got a nagging
question that the TaxCut software people can’t answer, and the
answer I got from the IRS was ‘we’ll take your information and get
back with you within 7 days.’ *sigh*...

Whatever happened to the postcard size returns we were supposed to
get? I’m up too late. Sorry gotta make it short tonight.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Goldfish do NOT have a three second memory span. This I know from
a show that did an experiment on this and proved that goldfish have
a longer memory span than three seconds
Megan L.

[I think I saw that one too. They tried to swim through holes in a
fish tank, trying to get food at the end. Probably only took a
$50,000 grant from the Government (of my money) to do that
experiment ‘eh?]

WD-40 is flamable, so using it to clean heat sources such as stoves
or barbecues should be done carefully. It also does not leave a
lasting film of lubrication, so a rusty hinge (for example) should
be lubricated after the WD-40 loosens it and the liquid dries.
Bill - Ontario, Canada

[Bill, does your government spend your tax money on gold fish or
WD-40 experiments? I hear ours does.]

You wrote:
I found a couple of other vague references to it, but nothing on
the urban legend sites. Anyone got anymore info?]

We found good source material just by asking google for Alfred
Hitchcock-Belly Button. It gave names and the writer of the article
that appeared in the newspaper. Also found the same information on
a sight called "Rumor Mill". It treats a lot of the things you
might publish on your sight and explains their validity or lack of.
I enjoy you "stuff"; and btw happy belated "0" birthday to both you
and your sweet wife. I'm surprised at the age of #4 son. I kept
thinking he was about 2 years of age (the age he was when I signed
on with you). It is hard to mentally grow your kids up when you
only refer to them by number. It is still fun however to read off
their antics.
Chau,
Margaret in Virginia

[Yeah, the Government tried to keep the Hitchcock-Belly Button
thing a secret, (with my money) but it leaked out. Someone used WD-
40 and slid the secret right out! And no, son #4 keeps growing,
it’s son #1 that is regressing (in attitude) but thinks he’s going
on 18 years old...]

In regards to WD-40, I've used it for many different uses and know
that it has many more. I believe all of the uses are true. The
best use I have found for it is getting rid of the sticky gunk that
is left behind after you take a sticker off. Oh yeah, it is good
for greasing squeaky joints too :-)
Rick R

[So, do you have to inject it through your skin with that little
red tube, or use a needle to use WD-40 as joint juice. WD-Bursa
fluid?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home