c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Chinese Chopsticks and Taxes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 24, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since its spring break most of the school districts have today and
tomorrow off. (So did my boys). So all 4 of my boys went over to
cousin #1’s house to play. The 3 older boys decided to stay
overnight and have a sleep over. So my sweet wife and I decided to
go out for dinner without all of the boys. Our normal on the spot
“you-wouldn’t-mind-if-we-dropped-off-so-and-so-while-we-go-out-for-
dinner” babysitters (Mom and Dad in law #1) were busy tonight, so
we took son #4 with us to dinner. I guess he went to bed late last
night, and got up pretty early today, so he was really tired. It
was hilarious to watch a really sleepy little boy try to use
chopsticks. He kept trying but finally gave up and lay down on my
sweet wife’s lap and went to sleep.

After dinner, it was home to finish the taxes. I felt a lot better
about them tonight. I gave up on the computer program I had; there
must have been an error in the program, or I must have clicked
something that I couldn’t find to unclick. Anyway, that little
error would have cost me $500! While I was checking irs.gov, I
found a list of free e-filing sites and used one of those. So if
you haven’t done your taxes, and refuse to pay $15 or $20 to e-file
like I have, you can see if you qualify to free e-file here.
http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html

Have a great weekend! (It’s supposed to snow here)
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home