c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hurry up and wait...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I just shake my head. As you know, I have 3 small health
clinics in central Utah that I support. One clinic is going from a
DSL line to a T1 line (a faster network connection) 3 of us went
down last week to hook up a new switch (a main component in the
“phone closet” where all of the computers in the building hook up
to the network). Apparently, the small town telephone company
didn’t have things on their end set up correctly, so we didn’t get
connected last week. This week they finally fixed their stuff, so I
ran down to get our site hooked up (When I say ‘I ran down’, I mean
a 2 hour drive down and 2 hours back). But, when our guy installed
the switch last week, he put in a bad one. So it didn’t work today
either. But the day wasn’t a total loss; they called me on the way
down and said, “As long as you’re down there...” They asked me to
go an hour further to another health clinic to fix a printer
problem. Lots and lots of windshield time today. At least the
scenery was great and it was sunny and 70º!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty, This is in regards to the high school kids wanting to
make April 13 "Talk like a pirate day". That day is actually
September 19th. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out.
Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
~Momsmack

> I work in a high school (grades 7 to 11), and the creativity of
> the kids never ceases to astonish me. There are posters all over
> the school this week declaring April 13th "Talk Like a Pirate
> Day." My prediction -- LOTS of truly bad Cap'n Jack Sparrow
> imitations.
> Joanne in Montreal

Actually, Talk Like a Pirate Day is Sept 19
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
jeff

[Now, why in the world would any of my readers know to correct poor
Joanne on the date? I’ve never heard of “Talk like a Pirate” day,
much less be able to quote the day, 6 months hence. You readers are
sure smart!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home