c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Eating Cake while stuffing your shoe in your mouth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sweet wife and I were checking our calendars tonight and she
said, “Oh, and I’m planning a birthday party for son #4.” I said,
“Huh? Didn’t we just have a big family party for him, Brother-in-
Law #2, and Sister-in-law #1 at your folks’ house Saturday? And
then didn’t we have a little private family party and gave him a
few more presents on Sunday?” She said, “Yeah, but this is a party
for son #4 and his friends.”

Hmm... I guess you can never have too many 4th birthday parties.

Then I reminded her that I didn’t get a party for my big birthday
that ended in ‘0’ last year. She looked at me sternly, “Oh, I guess
you forgot; I didn’t get one for my ‘0’ birthday either.”

Oops... oh yeah. (Shoe leather tastes so good...) But the good news
is we’ve got another 9 1/2 years to plan for our next big
birthdays.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Friends,
In your recent posting, you mentioned that Alfred Hitchcock did not
have a belly button. Not to challenge the truthfulness of your
posting, just how would it be that Mr Hitchcock lived through the
experience in the womb without an umbilical cord? Is is a
certainty that this is true? Just asking.
Thanks!
Alan M.

[Good question Alan. I found this on the Hitchcock.tv website;

Hitchcock being a mammal had to be born with a belly button, it’s
just how it is for us mammals. Apparently Hitchcock had several
operations in the belly area leading his doctors to sow it up.

I found a couple of other vague references to it, but nothing on
the urban legend sites. Anyone got anymore info?]

Marty -
are the things attributed to the WD-40 product real? Or are these
just for fun? Cause if they are not real - you really should tell
your readers - so they don't go trying some and ruining some
expensive stuff!
Dora in Denver

[I’m not sure, but I think they’re all ok. But, if used near the navel, I hear it makes your belly button disappear!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home