c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Cowboy or a Ranch Owner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today my sweet wife and son #4 had dentist appointments to get
their teeth cleaned. This was son #4’s 2nd trip, but he still got to
dress the part. They gave him a mask and rubber gloves. He even got
to sit next to the chair and squirt water in my sweet wife’s mouth.
After awhile, out of the blue he said, “I don’t want to be a doctor
any more.” My sweet wife said, “So, what do you want to be?” He
said, “A business guy!”

Afterwards, they came over to my office, just a few blocks away,
and I showed them around a little, and introduced them to some of
the people at the office. At one point about 7 or 8 office ladies
were ogling over son #4 saying how cute he was, how he looked like
his dad, what nice eyes he had, etc. etc. Then one of them said
pointing to my sweet wife behind me, “Oh, is this his mom?” She
jokingly said, “Yeah, I’m Marty’s wife. The one he’s not showing
off.”

Oops... A little embarrassed I introduced her and said, “Oh, um,
yeah, sorry. This is my sweet wife.” D’oh...

Anyway, tonight son #4 came downstairs with his mask and gloves on.
My sweet wife said, “Look, it’s Dr.(Son #4)!” He put on a big
smile, pulled off the mask and gloves and said, “No mom, it’s
just me!”

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty


=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home