c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

6/14 - Take me out to the ball game...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, June 14, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Saturday our neighborhood grocery store had a small car show.
We decided to run down and check it out. It was pretty cool and
had about a dozen cars that were really nice looking. They were
giving away a bunch of stuff, and they had the local minor league
baseball mascot there. (A Bee). They also had a pitcher from the
team there. The Salt Lake Bees are the minor league team for the
California Angels, and the pitcher even pitched for them last
year. (he came down because of an injury...)

Anyway, it was son #2’s Saturday, and I asked the pitcher if they
were playing that night. He said they were, and that he was even
pitching. So, son #2 and I headed down that night. Salt Lake has a
really nice stadium for AA ball. In fact, it’s been called the
nicest stadium in the country for minor league baseball. Anyway, I
digress...

So, the team lost. But I guess you have to lose a few to make
winning better, right? So, we called it a night and headed to the
parking lot, and I saw something on my windshield. I got a parking
ticket! What?? I parked correctly. What was this for? It was for
expired plates.

It seems the City of Salt Lake proper, exhibits absolutely no
compassion when it comes to expired plates. Take a look at the
ticket.





Notice the date the ticket was issued? June 9th. Notice the date
that my plates expired? May 31st. Nine stink’n days! How do you
like that? Now, I’ve had my plates expired at least 3 months
before. (more times than one...) and I never got a ticket. I guess
this one made up for it... stupid meter maids.

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comments;

Maybe if I send you more jokes, you'll be able to publish more
than once a week. Love Mom
~#1 mom

[Yeah, but they gotta be better than the one you sent! (Grin)]

Marty,
Just got back from vacation and read the jokes. My friend was in
Utah helping open that IKEA store. She works at the IKEA here in
Michigan. I've only been to the one here once, crowds aren't my
thing lol. That store is always packed and its been here for more
than a year I'm sure. I couldn't believe the deals that were in
there though. They have a lot of good quality products for dirt
cheap. Keep them jokes comming, I enjoy reading them all the
time.
~Crystal

[Thanks, now I just have to find time to get back there!]


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"Business analysts say that McDonald's is doing really well lately
because Americans have to spend more money on gas so they're going
to McDonald’s rather than more expensive restaurants. So
basically, as Americans have to spend more for oil they're looking
to pay less for grease."
~Jay Leno

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A woman, on meeting a psychologist at a party, made a pitch for
some free professional advice. "What kind of toy would you suggest
giving a little boy on his third birthday?" she asked.

"First I'd have to know more about the child," the psychologist
hedged.

The woman took a deep breath. "He's very bright and quick-witted
and exceptionally advanced for his age," she said. "He has good
coordination, expresses himself very well..."

"Oh, I see," the psychologist said, "It's YOUR child!"

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A man was on holiday in Kenya. While he was walking through the
bush, he came across an elephant standing with one leg raised in
the air.

The elephant seemed distressed so the man approached it very
carefully. He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's
foot. There was a large thorn deeply embedded in the bottom of the
foot.

As carefully and as gently as he could he removed the thorn and
the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to
face the man and stared at him intently. For a long minute the man
stood frozen - thinking of nothing else but being trampled.
Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away.

For years after, the man remembered the elephant and the events of
that day. One day the man was walking through the zoo with his
son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the
creatures turned and walked over to where they are standing at the
rail. It stared at him and the man couldn't help wondering if this
was the same elephant.

After a while it trumpeted loudly, then it continued to stare at
him. The man summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and
made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the
elephant and stared back in wonder.

Suddenly the elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around
one of the man's legs and swung him wildly back and forth along
the railing, killing him.

Turns out, it wasn’t the same elephant.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's the craziest thing about the ticket. I accidentally let my plates go out for months and never got a ticket. My husband got a ticket for expired plates but was told that if he got the plates renewed and showed proof in the courthouse within 15 days that the ticket would be dismissed. That's in Indiana but you could always try it in Utah. Good luck and thanks for all the great jokes!

    Brandy in Indiana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home