c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

5/15 - Types of Treats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I told you I’d try harder this week. So, in between quarters,
of the Jazz game, and now at half time, I’ll put together a few
thoughts.

My dad left us a lot of antiques. One of the things he left was a
1954 MG TF sports car. It’s a cool looking car!


[not ours, not even close, but you get the idea]

So when I got home tonight, son #4 wanted me to drive him down the
street, past the neighbor kids, so he could wave and show off. So
I did. “Hey son #4, how are you!” they all yelled.

When we got back, I pulled a ice cream sandwich out of my pocket
(that I had saved for son #3) and started to walk inside. “Hey
dad, what’s that?” I replied, “It’s a treat for son #3.” He said,
“But I want a treat...” I said, “But you just got to ride in the
MG, son #3 didn’t. “But dad” he said, “that’s not a treat.” I
looked at him and scoweled. “Oh?” I said. He thought for a second
and said, “Well, at least it wasn’t a yummy treat!”

Nice try, but son #3 won out on that one...

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-

John Locke Speed Painting



<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

I am only sending this to my smart friends. See If You Can Figure
Out What These Words Have In Common......

Banana
Dresser
Grammar
Potato
Revive
Uneven
Assess

~#1 Mom

[Answer tomorrow, if you ask nicely...]
<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

As a high school football coach, I know that student athletes tend
to focus too much on sports. Bob, a fellow coach, was talking
about one such player, who called him at home one night. When his
wife informed the kid that Bob wasn't home, he became frantic and
said he had to speak to the coach right away. "Just calm down, and
I'll have him call you as soon as he gets home," the coach's wife
told him. "What's your number?" The flustered kid replied,
"Three."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

I called to make airline reservations and was put on hold. After
several minutes of taped music, a recorded voice came on: "If you
have been waiting longer than ten minutes, you may press eight.
This will not speed up your call, but it will give you something
to do while you wait."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home