c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

5/30 - Technostuff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some tech thoughts;

Computers have really worked their way into our lives, haven’t
they? Can you remember just 5 or 10 years ago? Computers weren’t
anywhere near as integrated as they are now. And, can you imagine
5 or 10 years from now? I think it’s going to be a wild ride.

And, what about privacy implications? Google now has a street
level view
on their Google maps. How would you like to be caught
somewhere you didn’t want to be seen?

And, I found this tidbit on the net today. Microsoft just unveiled
it’s new tabletop surface PC. Cool stuff!


Anyway, there still are a couple things that technology can’t cure
yet... I was working on a radiology computer at a kids-care
facility today. A little boy just a year or two younger than son
#4 came in. Weeping, crying and screaming. I stepped out while the
tech took is X-rays. He screamed every time she moved him for a
different view. It was almost sickening. After he left the images
were on the screen of the PC I was fixing. It was a nasty nasty 2
bone break that even ~I~ could tell was broken. Computers can’t
fix that, yet.

And then there’s the Utah Jazz loss tonight. No computer can fix
that one either... *sigh*

Anyway, be grateful for the technology we have now, and hang on to
your seat for things that are coming down the road!

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Check out the mapstats button on the right. Cool Stuff!

=-=-=-

Here’s a couple of non-technical Parachute and flying videos


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

An eighth grade teacher was leading a discussion on the
qualifications for being president of the United States. After the
teacher commented that a person must be a natural-born citizen.
One of the students raised her hand, "Does that mean that if you
were born by Caesarean section that you can't be president?"

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like,
"You know, sometimes I just forget to eat." Now I've forgotten my
address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never
forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to
forget to eat.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

While leading a tour of kindergarten students through our
hospital, I overheard a conversation between one little girl and
an x-ray technician. "Have you ever broken a bone?" he asked.
"Yes," the girl replied. "Did it hurt?" "No." "Really? Which bone
did you break?" "My sister's arm."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home