c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

9/7 - It's the love of money stupid...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, September 07, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During our week long conversation on weather I should take this
new job or not, the subject of finances came up. “We’ll feel rich
for a couple of months, and then we’ll just end up spending like
we were on our old salary. We’ll just get used to our new income”
I said. So I’m bound and determined to save a good chuck of my
raise for retirement. (I’ve only got 25 years ya’know...)

A few months ago I picked up a book at my father-in-law’s house
titled ‘The 5 lessons a millionaire taught me.’ I saw it tonight
and started reading it. I’m pretty sure I know what the lessons
are, but just to keep up with my reading skills, I dove in. (Wait,
I read a computer screen all day, isn’t that something?)

Anyway, there are a few things that I ran across. These quotes are
mostly for me when I go and re-read my JOTD issues, but feel free
to read along if you want.

The quote isn’t “Money is the root of all evil” the quote is “The
love of money is the root of all evil.” (1 Timothy 6;10).

But George Bernard Shaw says, “Lack of money is the root of all
evil.”

A dentist said, “Those who don’t think about their teeth are those
who later in life spend the most time thinking about them.” And so
it goes with money.

“If we were to take one hundred Americans and follow their
financial path to age sixty-five, less than four of them will have
an income above $35,000, while five times that number will live
below the poverty line. More than 50 percent will be wholly
dependent on relatives, social security and welfare.”

Hmm... I think I need to go and get my teeth cleaned...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment sections



_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Since he runs a pawnshop, I decided to ask a friend of mine to
appraise my grandfather's violin. "Old fiddles aren't worth much,
I'm afraid," he explained. "What makes it a fiddle and not a
violin?" I asked. "If you're buying it from me, it's a violin. If
I'm buying it from you, it's a fiddle."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

On a U.S. cruiser the officer of the deck asked the starboard
lookout, "What would you do if a sailor was washed overboard?"
"I'd yell 'Man overboard,'" answered the lookout snappily. "Good,"
said the officer. "Now what would you do if an officer fell
overboard?" The lookout asked, "Which one, sir?"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

[one of my favorites...]

The birth of our second child, a daughter, came after a long and
difficult labor. But it was definitely worth it when our beautiful
little girl emerged, perfect in every way. Later, in my room, my
husband looked at her tenderly, with tears in his eyes. Then as he
glanced up at me, I expected him to utter something truly poetic.
Instead he asked, "What'd we decide to call her again?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home